操作系统：32-bit MS Windows (95/98/NT/2000/XP), BSD Platforms (FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD/Apple Mac OS X), POSIX (Linux/BSD/UNIX-like OSes)
Concrete5 is a Content Management System, like Joomla or Drupal. Conceived and first developed in 2003 by Concrete Websites, Concrete CMS has been the glue behind many web applications, websites, stores and forums. Concrete has allowed individuals involved in these websites to easily manage their content and their site structure. Concrete’s in-context editing is like working this wiki, and the extendable block support makes editing and extending unique websites easy. The goal behind Concrete CMS was always to create a toolset that could be used by anyone with basic computer skills to edit and add pages to a web site. Today a wide range of individuals from content owners to site developers benefit from Concrete, which has just gone fully open source with the release of concrete5.
Concrete5 is also a Framework like CakePHP, Symfony or Code Igniter While Concrete’s ease of use is attractive to those who edit their website on a daily basis, the flexibility behind the framework is appealing to developers. And with version 5, Concrete’s internals – including a powerful MVC syntax – have taken a great leap forward.
The following is just some of what Concrete5 features:
What are some of the features that will help me as a site owner?
- WYSIWYG text editor
- In-context editing toolbar – change your website as you surf!
- Automatic navigations – add a page anywhere and it’s updated everywhere
- Preview your changes before publishing
- Track versions, and compare differences between them
- File manager with bulk upload and image manipulation using Picnik (Picnik integration in v5.3)
- Detailed permissions – create editor groups, approve content, and see an audit trail
- Drag-n-Drop content around your pages.
- Scrapbook lets you copy content and functionality from one part of your site to another
- Integrated spellchecker
- Flexible meta data & vanity URLs for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Easy Google Analytics integration
- Integrated help system with commercial support options (v5.3)
- Automatic add-on & theme installation (v5.3)
- An open marketplace of add-ons
- Content scheduling – write something now, and have it go live automatically later
- Out of the box includes a photo slide show, You Tube integration, guestbook, Flash support, polls, surveys, search, RSS, secure file distribution, Google Maps, and a form generation tool
What are some of the features I can expect as a site developer?
- OOP Code following an MVC architecture
- Advanced granular permission system
- Users & groups
- Flexibly powerful template system
- Version tracking
- Complete separation of content, layout, and functionality
- Integrated server caching
- Single page architecture to easily include external scripts
- Developer API
- Pluggable Authentication (openID)
- Login history
- SSL compatible
- Package deployment – build your complicated add-on and let customers install it with one click.
- Centralized multi-site deployment